Interested in giving back to the community by sharing your expertise? Want to increase your organization’s brand on campus? Rutgers University-New Brunswick is seeking volunteers to assist our staff in critiquing resumes, performing mock interviews, networking with students, presenting programs, and serving on career panels designed to prepare our students for the world-of-work. Many programs are related to the students' associated career clusters. Learn more and register for a volunteer program below.
Volunteer Opportunities & Descriptions:
- Campus-to-Careers: Student Field Trips to Employer Locations (seeking various industries on different dates): The goal is to provide approximately 40-50 students with exposure to the world-of-work while also allowing them to learn about individual employment organizations associated with their career clusters. Learn more and volunteer as a host location.
- Career Exploration Nights (seeking various industries on different dates): This series of networking events are a great way to meet and build connections with our talented students who have interests in your field. Assist them by sharing your success stories, advice, and explaining what “a day in the life” of the job and industry is like. For this event, we prefer to have Rutgers alumni from your organization. Learn more and register your organization.
- Mock Interview Clinic: Perform one-on-one mock interviews with students and provide feedback. Training and lunch for volunteers will occur at the start of the program. Learn more and volunteer at the mock interview clinic.
- Recruiter-in-Residence Program (various Friday options): This educational program allows employers to serve as "career advisors" for the day. These sessions are open to all students, regardless of career interests or majors. Consider expressing your interest in volunteering to critique resumes, conduct mock interviews, or allow students to conduct information interviews with you in our suite. Learn more and volunteer as a “career advisor” for the day.
- Resume Clinic (same week as career fair): Volunteers are needed to serve as resume reviewers during 15-minute sessions with current students prior to our large Career & Internship Mega Fair. Learn more and volunteer at the resume interview clinic.
If you have any questions regarding these programs, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. If you are interested in assisting with other programs, workshops, or have an idea you want to propose, let us know that, too!